Paper can represent up to 30 percent of the total cost of a business printing project. Whether your organization needs to print books, catalogs, magazines or any other kind of print material, if you can find ways to save on high-volume printing, you are going to be a hero at your company. Here are 5 ways to save on industrial printing.
- Go for paper qualities instead of brands. Specify the quality of the paper you need instead of the brand name. Printing companies usually negotiate with paper suppliers to get a special discount on the kind of paper their customers order more. Since they order in bulk, costs go down for them, as does and your purchasing price. If you order a specific paper brand, you print provider will not be able to give you a discount.
- Reduce the number of pages in your publications. If you print books or catalogs, make the most out of the unit cost by including only the valuable content you need to showcase. A couple of words can shorten a sentence, which can shorten a paragraph that will in turn reduce a page. Multiply that one page times the number of print issues and it becomes key for your saving money efforts.
- Change the page size and paper weight. There are new lighter papers below 50 lb. stock with higher opacity. Also, if you choose a standard paper size, trimming costs are reduced.
- Look for other printing options. Shipping costs allow you to seek for print providers in a wider range and more competitive rates. Make the most out of globalization.
- Include advertising in your publications. This may not apply if your print material is published inside your company, but think about it: media insertions by relevant advertisers in your books or magazines.